Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bakuretsu Tenshi

Referred to as Bakuten.

Genre: Shounen, action, comedy, mecha

Content: some violence and/or nudity

Synopsis: In a future where violence and crime rules the street in Japan, Kyohei Tachibana dreams of one day becoming a pastry chef. In order to acomplish his dreams he takes a job working for a group of very odd girls. What he doesn't know is that the girls are actually mercenaries for hire. Soon enough poor Kyohei is caught in the middle of the whatever trouble or job they happen to be in the middle of.


Reviewer's Notes This show isn't the best out there but I like it just the same. I like Jo's psycopathic personality and all the angst that comes with it; not to mention the mecha which she pilots. This will remind anime lovers of Evangelion as Jo, Meg and Kyohei look a helluva lot like Rei, Asuka and Shinji. Of course, this series comes nowhere near the greatness that is Eva but it should be enjoy for the laughs and the graphics just the same.


Screencaps







Opening Theme




Downloads

All episodes from Da Anime
All episodes from Anime Upload



Credits
Screencaps: Us
OT: You Tube
Fansubers: AnimeOne & Onigiri
Downloads: Da Anime & AnimeUpload

2 people stopped on by

Blogger Nicole said:

This looks like fun!

So...what are your thoughts on the English version that I can get on netflix?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Mailyn said:

I'm not to keen on English dvd's because they tend to cut a lot out to fit with American audiences. Especially anything that's deemed too graphic or sexual. However I say give it a try. I don't know how the dvd for this one is done so maybe we are in luck and they didn't change much. :-)

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Take me home