Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls

Genre: Shounen, ninja, historical, romance

Content: Mature content/situations, graphic violence, drama

Synopsis: This is the story of two warring clans that have hated each other for the better part of 400 or so years. The story takes place in 1614 and there is an uneasy peace between the two. Unfortunately Hidetada Tokugawa needs to know which of his sons will be the next shogun. The proposition? Each clan will support one of his two sons and they will have their 10 best warriors fight to the death in order to pick his succesor. To make matters more complicated, the grandchildren of each clan's current leaders are in love and soon to be married.


Reviewer's Notes [WARNING - Spoilerish]
This is one anime that seriously affected me. I actually watched the entire series in one weekend bceause I just had to know how it would all end. Of course, this being anime, I knew how it would end but I kept hoping I would, for once, be wrong. Gennosuke and Oboro's tragic love was heart wrenching. Well, for me it was. So, if you are a sensitive, emotional wreck when it comes to doom lovers, I suggest buying a box of tissues before you sit to watch this.
[end of Spoilers]


I think this series deserves a 4 out of 5. I loved it.


Screencaps








Opening Theme





Downloads

My beloved, prepare to die - Episode 1

All Basilisk episodes from Da Anime
All Basilisk episodes from Red Clouds Anime


Credits
Screencaps: Us
OT: You Tube
Fansubers: iy4ever-fansubs and Katana_Fansubs
Downloads: Da Anime

1 people stopped on by

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Thank you so much for the links to upload the rest of Basilisk, I've waited way too long for this series to come out in america, but I couldn't any long. xD thank you so much!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Take me home